Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interrupt handling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always get confused with interrupt handling. Is there any standard on how interrupts should be handled. Can I implement something like this whenever interrupt happens I disable all other interrupts and finish processing and enable interrupts. By this method will there be some kind of data loss.

It will depend on the CPU that you use. From memory on a PIC16 cpu entering the interrupt routine disables all interrupts until you return from the interrupt routine. While in the routine other interrupt bits can be set and will cause in interrupt when interrupts are re enabled.

Les.

For the later Pics you have an option of using both a high priority and a low priority, the high priority will interrupt a low one if it is active.
The alternative is still there to make them same priority.
Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back