Intermittent wiper control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dussgirl

I need help with a intermittent wiper control schematic. The motors for the wipers are 115V. The wipers have to have the capability of being fully on, and with a 1 second, 2 second, and 4 second delay along with a park position. I am aware of the 555 timer but i am not sure how to integrate it along with calculations to select the componets etc.

Do the wipers have limit switches so that they self-park when switched off?
Is the 115V AC or DC?
What is the stall current of the motors?
How many motors?

Yes they have a self park when switched off. They are AC motors 115V single phase. FL current at 60 hz is 2.4 A. There are a total of 4 motors,

Last edited:
Will all four motors operate together in synchronism, or will they be independently controlled?
Can you post a schematic showing any control switching and supplies that they already have?

Last edited:
The wipers have to have the capability of being fully on, and with a 1 second, 2 second, and 4 second delay.

Sorry I don't understand. Delay? Do you wish them to wipe once per time period? Or wipe at regular speed for the time periods and then shut off?

No. 4 modes. Fully on every 1 sec every 2 sec and every 4 sec. All four motors are controlled individually. There is nothing special about the switches. They are discrete momentary switches

Are the present switches wired to a mains supply or a mains-isolated supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…