Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing USB to 8051 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam288

I was suggested the topic 'interfacing USB to 8051 microcontroller' as my final year project...i would like to know whether it is actually possible to do so...and the time required for completing the project..(we are required to complete it in about 6 months)...i would also be grateful if you share any information regarding the topic with me.

I'll suggest the obvious of using a serial-USB bridge (e.g. ). This offloads all USB related management from the uC - the PC and 8051 communicate via a super simple serial interface (virtual serial over USB driver on PC and physical serial interface between the 8051 and FTDI chip).

This, of course, may not fulfill your assignment requirements.

Last edited:
I'll suggest the obvious of using a serial-USB bridge (e.g. ). This offloads all USB related management from the uC - the PC and 8051 communicate via a super simple serial interface (virtual serial over USB driver on PC and physical serial interface between the 8051 and FTDI chip).

This, of course, may not fulfill your assignment requirements.

Not by a LONG, LONG way :p

(unless of course it's an 11 year olds school assignment?)

Hello Mr Sam

Pavius gave U a G8 Idea of Using FT232,
I have also used the same and its very easy to use that. Otherwise U have to write a USB driver program in Microcontroller, thats not an easy task.

NaveenCali

hello everyone
i m also involved in a similar project
but m nt aware of the FT232 and yes have u ppl ever worked with MTP805A?
i have started another thread for this discussion ..kindly help me this :)
mansi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back