Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing serial commands with external telephone "ri

Status
Not open for further replies.

indecided

I have a cordless phone which has an audio interface wired up to the pc to let me talk on skype (reference http://www2.grynx.com/wp/projects/siemensskype/success/Uniden-EXP970-PCmod-kyndal-2005.JPG for more information). Basically, what I want to do now is get the phone to ring when skype recieves an incoming call. That can be implemented through Skype's SDK where you can get it to output a high signal to a serial port through some programnming. what I want to do is interface the signals from the serial port with a telephone ring circuit. i'm clueless about both, so does anyone have any idea where to start from?

PS : not to forget the point where the person picks up, the signal should go "low" and skype should intepret that as picking up and then answer the call in software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back