Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Microcontroller with PC using Visual C++ 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

I'm working on controlling robot's arm. Actually, I'm new with this topic.. I'd like to ask how to interfacing my microcontroller so it can communicate with my PC hence I can control the robot's arm. Is there any kind of program example to provide it?

Thx.. :)

C# has serial port support. If you want to use USB but do not want to mess with the drivers Microchip has a USB driver that emulates a serial port. You can talk to that driver from C# using the RS232 support.

Follow the USB Wacker link in my signature. It uses a liberty basic program to talk to an 18F PIC with driver written in C. Even if you do not use the UBW there is some good info there.

EDIT: Without knowing what microcontroller you are using it is hard to give a better answer.

Last edited:
hi i am doin project based on microcontroller...want to tat which microcontroller will support visual c++ and details about them...

hi i am doin project based on microcontroller...want to tat which microcontroller will support visual c++ and details about them...

This is called hijacking a thread. You should start one of your own. No micro controller will run visual c++. That language runs on a PC. To compile code for a micro you need to use a cross compiler.

If you want to continue this start a new thread for the topic.

3v0

hi,
this is my first time in interfacing microcontroller with pc using visual c++.what is the first step
to do in this project?

thank you and God bless!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back