Interfacing microcontroller and gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubuaks

Hi....
I need to send some AT commands along with a message, to send an sms, to a GSM modem through a micro controller as a part of my BE project. I dont have much knowledge of a GSM modem. Which one should I use...?
I know that uc and the modem are interfaced through a serial port but how do i send the command and what are the actual connections......???

I know the AT commands.....but how do i send them to the modem from a microcontroller........and which micro controller shud i use......???

I know the AT commands.....but how do i send them to the modem from a microcontroller........and which micro controller shud i use......???

You can use 89c51/89s51
But you can not use any mobile, you have to use sony ericson mobiles, like T220

Hi

You can use any PIC with a UART (RS232), you would need to check the signal levels of your target device as you may require a MAX232 as well. This will give you a configuration similar to a PC with external modem. AT commands are then written to the UART and processed by the module. Have you decided what module you are using as you may/will need additional I/O lines for module control.

thnx.....
I have some knowledge of 89s52....can i use that or ny AVR...?
I've not decided on the gsm module.....can u tell me on wat lines shud i search for the module...???

gsm modem interfacing with 8051

hi anyone send me the embedded c code for sending sms from 8051 board to other mobile by gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…