Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing microcontroller and gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubuaks

Hi....
I need to send some AT commands along with a message, to send an sms, to a GSM modem through a micro controller as a part of my BE project. I dont have much knowledge of a GSM modem. Which one should I use...?
I know that uc and the modem are interfaced through a serial port but how do i send the command and what are the actual connections......???

Have a look at Telit they make a number of modules.
You will find the AT commands required on their site

I know the AT commands.....but how do i send them to the modem from a microcontroller........and which micro controller shud i use......???

Hi

You can use any PIC with a UART (RS232), you would need to check the signal levels of your target device as you may require a MAX232 as well. This will give you a configuration similar to a PC with external modem. AT commands are then written to the UART and processed by the module. Have you decided what module you are using as you may/will need additional I/O lines for module control.

thnx.....
I have some knowledge of 89s52....can i use that or ny AVR...?
I've not decided on the gsm module.....can u tell me on wat lines shud i search for the module...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back