Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing 8051 to a gsm phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir/mam

i want to know how to interface 8051 with gsm phone.

what are AT commands?

how can we send sms and make a call with these commands?

simran.

google for "hayes modem at commands" or us robotics in place of hayes.

They are ascii bytes you send to the serial port to dial and send messages to
your phone.

Your phone will have specific AT (attention) commands. But "ATDT999" is attention, Dial Touchtone the digits 999

please clarify more...

sir/mam,

i can understand the interfacings of 8051 to other things but, when it comes to interfacing with mobile phone as GSM - i dont know even the abc... of it.

can you please guide me the steps to be followed as for the beginner so that i can be successful even in this activity too.

regards

simran

To the external world the mobile acts as a modem. and u have to consider that thik like a modem too. so understanding the AT commands is the first thing to do. if ur trying with nokia sets , have a look at F-Bus and M-Bus protocols.

It would help if you mentioned the brand and model phone you are tring to communicate with. Some are serial, etc.

mobile interface of 8051

It would help if you mentioned the brand and model phone you are tring to communicate with. Some are serial, etc.

Hello sir/mam....i wud like to kno how to interface a basic mobile phone with 8051 microcontroller.please suggest the model of the phone tht wud be easy to implement and also let me kno where to find the AT commands ,codes and the software required. please tell me the exact procedure as soon as possible.
thanks!

Use Motorola C168 which works on AT Commands. Pin out of C168 is given below
**broken link removed**
Examples for send and receive SMS
For sending SMS in text Mode:
AT+CMGF=1 press enter
AT+CMGS=”mobile number” press enter

Once The AT commands is given’ >’ prompt will be displayed on the screen.
Type the message to sent via SMS. After this, press ctrl+Z to send the SMS.
If the SMS sending is successful, “ok” will be displayed along with the message number.

For reading SMS in the text mode:
AT+CMGF=1 Press enter
AT+CMGR= no.
Number (no.) is the message index number stored in the sim card. For new SMS, URC
will be received on the screen as +CMTI: SM ‘no’. Use this number in the AT+CMGR
number to read the message.
Voice call
Initiating outgoing call:
ATD+ mobile number; press enter

For disconnecting the active call:
ATH press enter

For receiving incoming call:
ATA press enter

Hello sir/mam....i wud like to kno how to interface a basic mobile phone with 8051 microcontroller.please suggest the model of the phone tht wud be easy to implement and also let me kno where to find the AT commands ,codes and the software required. please tell me the exact procedure as soon as possible.
thanks!

Is "wud" a word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back