Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing 20 X 4 LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,

Does anyone have a PIC basic program for interfacing 20 X 4 or 16 X 2 parallel LCD displays?

Also how can I find an LCD screen or put one in the external module section of the simulator?

Cheers, Camerart.

I just had a closer look and I think I now see how to do it, thanks Ian. It is a brilliant little prgoram isn't it!

I'm not sure what you are after.... The LCD examples are shipped WITH Oshonsoft

The LCD's external module "Self Configures" itself when you run the simulator.

use the standard code as you use in osconsoft but if the character exceeds the 16 character its will get displayed in the 3rd line (if the character is exceeded in the first line) like so you can change the code to make it display in different lines of LCD.
source: experience

the little hitachi IC in the lcd module will do the work for you

use the standard code as you use in osconsoft but if the character exceeds the 16 character its will get displayed in the 3rd line (if the character is exceeded in the first line) like so you can change the code to make it display in different lines of LCD.
source: experience

the little hitachi IC in the lcd module will do the work for you

Hi Magvtron,

As this thread is 1/2 of a project, and you have replied to the other 1/2 also, perhaps I will close this thread and join it to the other one.

I'll go to the other one and reply, Cheers, Camerart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back