Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interesting experiment with ADSL splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeniffer Chris

As we know, the ADSL splitter box has 1 input and 2 outputs, one for phone signal line, and the other for internet signal line

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the exchange. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output

Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number

Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.

Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Second experiment

I have been considering what happens if I make the feedback from out put to input of a ADSL splitter, as well as change input to output and vice versa

Below are my steps:

- Take the first splitter, plug the phone line to the Net output (NOT the input) of it

- Plug the input of the first splitter to the input of the second splitter

- Plug the Phone output of the second splitter to the phone output of the first one

- Plug the Net output of the second splitter to Modem, and connect to laptop

See diagram in my attached screenshot

Here I made some abnormal things:

- Telephone signal transmits into the output, not the input of the splitter

The output of second splitter is connected back to the first one

Surprisingly, my laptop can access internet normally. Nothing wrong happens

Why my extraordinary actions do not affect the operation of the splitters?

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back