Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interactive leds panel with arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightstar

hi guys ,

i gave up with PIC18F4520 and mplab, i have bought an arduino atmega 168 board , and i have done the circuit connecting it with a tlc 5049and 16 leds , i have found some libraries in arduino software it's very helpful than the mplab , now my circuit works and my leds blink ,but i have to connect the whole thing with 2 photo IR diodes, the first emmits and the second receives so as to get an interactive panel with leds blinking just by moving my hand upon the circuit , so my problem remains in how can i connect these IR photodiodes on the test board , ihave followed some instruction on some websites on how to connect them but , im not getting any results , please , my internship period of time is running out unfortunately , i have to get it done this week . thanks for any suggestions . thanks guys

i ve been based on many ancient projects similar to mine coz im using exactly the same components but unfortunatly it doesnt contain IRleds for interactivity , you can understand more , by seeing these links thanks tlc5940arduino - Google Code

Check out the project linked below. It shows how to wire a typical IR LED and receiver to a serial port. As it is +5v, you could wire the RX line back to your PIC if you wished.

Build a serial port IR transceiver

Or you might find this a little clearer, for the receiver part:

**broken link removed**

Or if neither of those help, check the way a FET is used to control the TX and the receiver is connected straight to an input pin:

DIY remote control based on PIC

If none of those help, be a little more specific about which part you are having trouble with. If you are simply trying to detect a broken beam you will not need to do anything "fancy" with the infrared link.

i have to achive what u will see on this video but this example isbased on a analogic circuit , mine has to b controlled and driven by a microcontroller "arduino" and a led driver "tlc 4950" , i have to get this interactivity just by moving my hand upon the circuit , YouTube - Interactive LED Panels: New version, white LEDs now you can go back check out my recent message to reunderstand the project thanks man i appreciate it

OK, so you need some way to detect when a hand is waved over the top of a panel.

Something like a house alarm detector might work, check this page: How Infrared Motion Detector Components Work. The text says the test conditions were a "hand moving 6" from the sensor".

The sensor is interfaced in a fairly simple way. You should be able to wire the output to a microcontroller, but if you can get your hands on one you might like to test and see what sort of voltage output you get.

As a quick addition to what I said above, you will have to see whether the output from that sort of sensor is enough to drive an input pin.

But have a think and see if this helps. If not, be a little more specific about which part you are having difficulty with.

thanks, ive done the circuit properly but im having trouble with the lighting of the phototransistor and the 16 leds , i have to modify somethings relating to light intensity in leds , the sensor slightly detects my moves and the leds blink slihtly but its not enough and not in a high enough position , i dont know where can i modify this program ? how ? resistors?????? thanks

I posted you some help in your old post don't no if you read it hard to make a clean switch with
2 photo IR diodes
and photo transistors if it picks up the Ir
it's like a switch bouncing. You led's are not going to stay on long.You end up with what you said
leds blink slightly but its not enough and not in a high enough position
If it picks it up make your led's stay on for say 250ms and see if its still triggered.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this and i did some code that dos what your trying to do but it's for
a Pic. When you hold your hand over the led it would come on move way it would go off.
but the room had to have some Light in it. I did it with the adc of the pic. I'll show you the circuit if you want it .This kind of shows what I'm talking about
[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/N4ARb4qVGLg&hl=en&fs=1&[/embed]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back