Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intelligent Devices RF Control System with Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usualy use a MAIN_LOOP, that checks trigger regs for change, and goes and does the needed function, then returns, for the next function.

What is the trigger going to be?
Port change?
Register change?

Kent

If during the first time program, I wish to store some data into the EEPROM of PIC. (means that I need to have data inside my EEPROM of PIC before I load my main program into the PIC) This data inside the EEPROM is to be compared with the inputs from the port.

Therefore, when I program at the first time and then the second time, is it I need to 'click' the "code protected" to ensure my data in the EEPROM is not deleted when I program it second time? Thanks

fainted....

chinngap said:
If during the first time program, I wish to store some data into the EEPROM of PIC. (means that I need to have data inside my EEPROM of PIC before I load my main program into the PIC) This data inside the EEPROM is to be compared with the inputs from the port.

Therefore, when I program at the first time and then the second time, is it I need to 'click' the "code protected" to ensure my data in the EEPROM is not deleted when I program it second time? Thanks

NO! - code protection is to prevent anyone reading the code out of the chip. The first thing programming the chip does is wipe it completely, and remove the code protection.

If you want to keep any modified data from the EEPROM, you need to read the chip and incorporate the EEPROM data in the source code.

Is anyone have the circuit on toggling switch.
What I mean is I am using the output of the demultiplexer to on and off the device. For example, when I first send a operation coed and it will switch on the device1. After that, when I send it again(the same code), it will cause the device to be off.

Thanks...urgently

Also for PIC16F4, I discover that I can only send data 01H and 07H into the EEPROM o PIC, other data cannot?

Do U have any more example about storing the data into the EEPROM of PIC16F84 and extract it out from the EEPROM. It will be good if it is a simple one for understanding.

When storing the data into the EEPROM, do we need to concern about the timing? Because as I know, the timing is generated by the PIC itself right? we do not need to supply any delay right?

During the process of storing the data into EEPROM and extract it out from the EEPROM, the voltage we should supply is approx 5V right? Lower than that, the PIC won't start the process?

Can U show me some example of NESTED LOOP for DELAY which is larger than 1 second?

For temporary registers, we can assign use the SRAM 0CH,0DH,0FH,10H.....and so on right?

Is there any software that we can use to see what is the output of the program which is stored in the PIC? I mean like maybe we can use the HEX file and run it onn the cpu and cpu will show us which LED lights on?

Waiting for ur reply....thanks...verymuch!

chinngap said:
Do U have any more example about storing the data into the EEPROM of PIC16F84 and extract it out from the EEPROM. It will be good if it is a simple one for understanding.

When storing the data into the EEPROM, do we need to concern about the timing? Because as I know, the timing is generated by the PIC itself right? we do not need to supply any delay right?

Check my PIC tutorials, one of the RS232 ones includes code for reading and writing the data EEPROM - basically it's a question of following the specific instructions in the datasheet.

During the process of storing the data into EEPROM and extract it out from the EEPROM, the voltage we should supply is approx 5V right? Lower than that, the PIC won't start the process?

As far as I know the data EEPROM works across the complete voltage range specified for the chip.

Can U show me some example of NESTED LOOP for DELAY which is larger than 1 second?

Check the PICList, there's a delay code generator there, it can generate code for pretty well any delay.

For temporary registers, we can assign use the SRAM 0CH,0DH,0FH,10H.....and so on right?

Yes.

Is there any software that we can use to see what is the output of the program which is stored in the PIC? I mean like maybe we can use the HEX file and run it onn the cpu and cpu will show us which LED lights on?

MPLAB includes a PIC simulator, personally I never use it, I usually just hang a LED and resistor on a pin somewhere and use that for debugging, turning it on and off at specific points in the program.

Do we need to take into acount the timing when storing the data and read the data from the EEPROM..?what i mean is the delay of 10ms?

I am using the PIC16F84.....

besides, can u tell me what is the concern and condition need to be taken care of when storing the data into the EEPROM of PIC? Suffering......

chinngap said:
Do we need to take into acount the timing when storing the data and read the data from the EEPROM..?what i mean is the delay of 10ms?

I am using the PIC16F84.....

besides, can u tell me what is the concern and condition need to be taken care of when storing the data into the EEPROM of PIC? Suffering......

The datasheet tells you exactly how to do it, and the tutorial I suggested follows that as well - when you write you wait for the write to be completed, there's a flag to check for this - it's all explained in the datasheet!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back