Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Instrument amplifier and open input noise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcba

I am still struggling with with AD623 instrument amplifier a little.

In my circuit each input (2+3) is connected to a testpin, which is of course open if not in use (there is a 4K7 in front of each input as protection). The circuit works fine when in use, but when not in use the open pins catch lots of noise and I get an erratic output signal.

How do I tie the inputs down?

The input signal is in the upper µV range, or in other words, I want to measure the voltage drop on a very low mOhm range.

Attachments

• 4p.jpg
    4p.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 195
I am still struggling with with AD623 instrument amplifier a little.

In my circuit each input (2+3) is connected to a testpin, which is of course open if not in use (there is a 4K7 in front of each input as protection). The circuit works fine when in use, but when not in use the open pins catch lots of noise and I get an erratic output signal.

How do I tie the inputs down?

The input signal is in the upper µV range, or in other words, I want to measure the voltage drop on a very low mOhm range.

hi,
I fit a 10nf or 47nF capacitor across pins 2 and 3, choose a good quality capacitor.
The datasheet recommends a filter using the 4K7 resistors and the 10nF, this will reduce the noise into the AD623 amplifier.

So that your inputs are not 'floating' when not in use, I use a 2 pin jumper plug mounter on my PCB which I can short out the inputs.
Use the two pin plugs and jumpers you can find on an old PC card.
E

EDIT: Look at Fig 51 of the d/s for the option of using two 100K resistors to 0V, one from each pin 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back