Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ins and outs of capacitive touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

so here is where i am, i have a android which i dropped and sent a crack right through the middle, touchscreen below the crack workd but nothing above, so i pulled off all the glass hoping it work better, after that though nothing,

also after pulling off the glass there is a flap, which looks like the connector for the topplate but there looks to be foam between? is this correct, or should the ribbon connect directly to the plate?

right now i can hold the plate to certain position and get the cursor to show and hold still,

and i can get a bit of motion but not stable enough to enter passkey(which is all i need)
wetting my finger and touching the flap causes erratic responses ALL OVER the screen, which leads me to believe all the data goes in on that flap...?
I figure the little flap is the +side of the capacitor, and the metal plate under the LCD is the -side of the capacitor,

I am at the point now where i want to put some clips on the flap and feed it some data,
which leads me to the question,

it its prolly oscillator which changes f @ capacitive response, but how does it do
X-axis && Y-axis (or should i look for more flaps!)??

what is best way to simulate xC? how should i go about hacking in??

scope on plate says:

but is this just stray rf, i did get 60hz noise too?

Attachments

• ADS00001.png
    ADS00001.png
    6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
All the ones I have seen have microscopic wires in the glass in a checkerboard pattern, sometimes you can get new glass from Ifixit.com depending on your model. Without the glass Id say its done for.

All the ones I have seen have minute cables in the cup in a checkerboard design, sometimes you can get new cup from Ifixit based on your design. Without the cup Id say its done for.

:( definitely toast, i could not see any checkerboards though, but upon closer inspection i am able to see the bus in the ribbon, it looks to have a bus on the left, space, bus on the right, I will guess that this checerboard is much like a keyboard matrix, the phone is definitely toast, but i need to unlock it, so i can flip it to usb storage mode,

I just have this feeling that unlike a keyb matrix, this one is analog, so i would think to use resistors to close the circuit, but this is CAPACITIVE system, lol does that mean i should close the circuit with capacitors??

Mine mounts automatically in my computer when I plug it in with the usb cord, then you can copy the contents onto a backup drive. Maybe try wiring up two probes with a tiny capacitor between to try to activate the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back