Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input needed for

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaddr3

Hi all, im new here to ETO, as well as circuitry in general. I purchased several books, and also checked out a few from the library. I havent gotten much into many projects, mainly because of time. The purpose of me studying is to finish this project im working on.

Im using a modified power supply for a computer to run 10 Peltier thermal blocks on a 12v circuit. For those that dont know, peltier blocks give off thermal energy in both hot and cold temperatures (these things are found in small coolers and cup holders). By switching the polarity you are able to control whether it is hot or cold. What I need to figure out is how to setup a switch so I have two on positions and an off, each on position is either hot or cold. The Peltier specs are as followed:

Voltage: 12V
Couples: 127
Umax (V): 15.2
Imax (A): 9
Resistance ( O): 1.3 ~ 1.5
136.8W Per Unit

If anyone could help out that would be wonderful!

Another circuit I need to make for this project is a rotating LED on a switch. Im starting out with 10 LEDs that are only lit one at a time and go in order of each other once the switch/button has been pressed. (This has nothing to do with the peltier blocks) I thought I had this figured out but after looking things through I still need this X.X

Reversing polarity is pretty easy with a DPDT switch.
Just put the Peliter where the (M) symbol is.
You could make it very easy with a ON-OFF-ON DPDT switch.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back