Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input For PIC uC

Status
Not open for further replies.
mesamune80 said:
ya,from the above code i already se it as input right?
hi,
NO,
Look at the TRISC..... 0 = 0utput... 1 = 1nput

The format of the binary number 00001111, is b7,b6,b5,b4,b4,b3,b2,b1,b0

As PORTC.6 is 0 in the TRISC it an OUTPUT. Set it to 1
example:
TRISC = %01001111

I have run your code in the simulator with TRISC= %01001111 and it works OK.

hi mesamune,
I am wondering if your misunderstanding of Input and Output is due to thinking that,
OUTPUT refers to the output of the Comparator, not the PIC pin.?

The TRIS set the pin configuration of the PIC pins not the external devices.

Do you follow.?

Opss. i think i got it another way round,that's why i cant get the desired result,thanks for your clarification. ^_^

Hi eric could you give some advice on how to drive this motor?

because i had tried the normal way to run th motor,but it seem to not moving at all.i wonder why.

https://catalog.orientalmotor.com/i...20?&plpver=11&origin=keyword&filter=&by=prod#

i wired my pulse input to CW/P.+ (pin for the motor driver)with high 250us and low 500us

and direction i pump high to the pin CCW/D.+ for my motor direction.

Thanks. =)

Attachments

• PMC33A1-MG20,_5-PhaseSteppingSystem.pdf
    44.2 KB · Views: 163
mesamune80 said:
Hi eric could you give some advice on how to drive this motor?

because i had tried the normal way to run th motor,but it seem to not moving at all.i wonder why.

https://catalog.orientalmotor.com/i...20?&plpver=11&origin=keyword&filter=&by=prod#

i wired my pulse input to CW/P.+ (pin for the motor driver)with high 250us and low 500us

and direction i pump high to the pin CCW/D.+ for my motor direction.

Thanks. =)

hi mesamune,
I'll look the documentation, you do realise its a 5 phase stepper motor.?

Are you meeting ALL the criteria for driving this type of motor.?

I have posted an extract from their data.

Last edited:
mesamune80 said:
Ya i folow exactly what it said to drive the motor but i dunno what i missed out as my motor not moving :(

hi,
Can you post ALL of the PIC program so that we can see the method that you are using.?

If its in 'C language' someone else will help out, I write in assembler.

this is my test program ,cos i want to make sure this motor can run 1st

Symbol pulse1 = PORTC.0 'pulse for m1
Symbol dir1 = PORTC.1 'direction for m1
Symbol pulse2 = PORTC.2
Symbol dir2 = PORTC.3 'direction for m2 vexta

TRISC = %11110000

loop:

dir2 = 1
High PORTC.2 'pulse M2
WaitUs 250
Low PORTC.2 'pulse M2
WaitUs 500

Goto loop

End

mesamune80 said:
this is my test program ,cos i want to make sure this motor can run 1st

Symbol pulse1 = PORTC.0 'pulse for m1
Symbol dir1 = PORTC.1 'direction for m1
Symbol pulse2 = PORTC.2
Symbol dir2 = PORTC.3 'direction for m2 vexta

TRISC = %11110000

loop:

dir2 = 1
High PORTC.2 'pulse M2
WaitUs 250
Low PORTC.2 'pulse M2
WaitUs 500

Goto loop

End
hi,
A quick look at the 'program' would suggest to me that it does not meet the requirements of the motor.!:)

Do you have a copy of the manufacturers software/program.?

i am using PIC uC PIC16F877 to control this motor ,software i am using PIC Simulator IDE (basic based)but according to the manual i need to power up the pulse pins and also the directional pin is it? i mean pin 1 and pin 3 i need to connect to 5VDC and pin 2 and 4 to pulse input pin (PORTC.2) and (PORTC.3) one output pulse signal and another one direction signal.

mesamune80 said:
i am using PIC uC PIC16F877 to control this motor ,software i am using PIC Simulator IDE (basic based)but according to the manual i need to power up the pulse pins and also the directional pin is it? i mean pin 1 and pin 3 i need to connect to 5VDC and pin 2 and 4 to pulse input pin (PORTC.2) and (PORTC.3) one output pulse signal and another one direction signal.

hi,
Do you have a copy of the manufacturers software/program.?

You must meet the requirements of the motor as shown in the extract attached.

Do you have the controller and the motor.?
The controller expects to be driven from a MCU.

Last edited:
ya i am driving the controller with PIC uC, it seem my motor are now working,as i though the controller is internally power up.after study the extract which you posted it need to connect to VDC because b 4 this i straight away connect the uC input to the corresponding pin without any power go in to the corresponding pin :)

Last edited:
Hi eric now i have 1 issue ,the problem is my motor rotate in a slow speed how can i speed it up it is SLOW.....=_="

hi,
Are you pulsing the motor as specified in the datasheet, ie 10uSec with a 50%duty cycle.

Have you checked the pulse waveform using an oscilloscope, also what supply voltage do you have to the motor.?

Last edited:
i am using pulse like

loop:

dir2 = 1
High PORTC.2
WaitUs 500
Low PORTC.2
WaitUs 500
Goto loop

the motor is geared so is 0.036 degree/pulse (basic step angle)

Gear ratio is 20:1

so all this will resulted in my very slow output.

my motor driver is powered with 24VDC.

i am using pulse like

loop:

dir2 = 1
High PORTC.2
WaitUs 500
Low PORTC.2
WaitUs 500
Goto loop

the motor is geared so is 0.036 degree/pulse (basic step angle)

Gear ratio is 20:1

so all this will resulted in my very slow output.

my motor driver is powered with 24VDC.

Hi,
Looking at these figures, it will be slow, reduce the pulses to say 50uSec as a starting point.
If that works OK, reduce to 25usec and retest.

Lets know what you find.:)

Eric sorry for late reply,i just tried out the timing just now ,i used 50us for 50% duty cycle pulse,the speed had improved but it still quite slow i do you think this is how far it can go?

Eric sorry for late reply,i just tried out the timing just now ,i used 50us for 50% duty cycle pulse,the speed had improved but it still quite slow i do you think this is how far it can go?

hi,
Look at my May15 posted drawing... the limit is 5uSec, which should make it ten times faster than 50uSec, providing your motor is able to respond to 5uSec pulses...OK.

As I suggested, keep reducing the pulse time until you find the motors limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back