Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

InLIne Remote Control For Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleemarshad

Hello Folks,

I’m looking for a line in remote control to adjust volume. Basically I have a Bose companion 3 system which doesn’t have its own remote. SO im looking for a device which will have a in and out 3.5 mm jack and a remote by which I can adjust its volume.

I have looked high and low and the closest match to what I want is a KIT that needs assembly. My soldering skills are really rusty and im hoping some would know of a ready built unit.

its a velleman MK164 kit, I cant post the url as ive not posted 3 posts. you can google it .

This is the product im talking about.

It’s really frustrating to keep running up to the wired remote to adjust volume.
If I use the earphone option on the tele, the volume control on the TV works, however the volume is a bit muffled and looses clarity.
Your help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If theres someone in the UK who could build this kit for me also would be a good idea.
Thanks
Saleem

Believe it or not, the cheapest and quickest way to solve this problem might be to purchase a used mini-compo stereo unit with its remote and pass your audio through that. Alternatively any older stereo receiver with line in and line out jacks on the back would work ok. You could probably pick something up for 5 or 10 pounds (10 to 20 dollars) at a junk shop, second hand store or ebay. Just make sure it has the right inputs and outputs and a remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back