Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

Alright, here's the deal. I need to build an infrared transmitter and reciever that will let me control the volume of my stereo with a remote. To be straight forward, here's what I need:

Requirements: Volume up button, Volume down button, 15' or more range, the receiver to be able to connect between my stereo and my speakers.

What I don't need, but would be nice to have: 2 (meaning two digits) 7-segment LED displays to tell me the volume level, a mute button.

Can anyone help me? I REALLY need this because we all know how annoying it is to have your TV volume control, and then a seperate volume control on your stereo for your rear speakers. And also, please do not suggest a universal remote control, because no one will bother with the code for a stereo as old as mine.

Seek ot the "HOLTEK" website they are into I/R and remote control transmitter and reciever pair chips and have a good section of application notes.
Digital potentiometer ic's are also available but not common, you will have to look for them.(perhaps some one would be kind enough to post link?)

A Universal remote remote is not an option for they only deal with commercial/device specific codes, what you need to satisfy all your requirements would best be suited by a microcontroller set up to learn the required codes from the prototype transmitter(s), this also gives you the option to have an lcd dispay on the handset. This might be a bit much for a pic 1684 but the larger devices are more than capable of this.

[Attention PIC programmers : A learning remote control (infra-red) would constitute a usefull project!] :idea: :idea: :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back