Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Reciver

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderKeen

Hi guys. I wan't to ask you all, if it possible to put a counter, to a schematic like these, on this following page.
**broken link removed**

Maybe a 7 segment counter like this one -
https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/counter.htm

So my questions is, can i put a counter (on the link i gave you), on the output of the voltage comparator on the first link.

Please reply fast, is kind of emergency :)

You can put the TSOPxxxx series to ANY counter, gate , microcontroller, transistor base....anything that accepts a 5volt logic.

You can leave out or ignore pin 7.
ie., 2, 3, 7 = H, H, L then op Qa to Qd = L

....and LS 90 is decade counter!

OK. Google '555 calc' you'll get a lot of pages explaining the 555 timer IC and teh calculations. Quite simple they are!

I have a problem, i coudln't get the TSOPxxxx series. So am stuck with another that runs at 36khz. So what changes is that gonna make to my schematic?

Do i have to make some changes?

CommanderKeen said:
I have a problem, i coudln't get the TSOPxxxx series. So am stuck with another that runs at 36khz. So what changes is that gonna make to my schematic?

Do i have to make some changes?

Just alter the frequency of the transmitter to match, but it's not THAT critical - it probably won't be needed. Bear in mind, you're only roughly setting the frequency in the first place, calculations aren't very accurate, you need to measure and adjust it if you want accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back