Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared burglary fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

purdue umaru

Hi,
I am writing a post graduate project on the topic, 'Infrared Burglary Fence
with Intrusion Location'. I need assistance/contributions on how to go about it. The transmitter should be active infrared. The system must be able to detect the location where the intruder came in.

I also need circuit diagrams.

Thank you.
Purdue U.

In what form do you need loaction? ie. in x,y co-ordinates or just the direction? Instead of IR beam use LASER for better directivity and less complexity.

What is the permieter of your compound and what type of IR source are you going to use? is it IR LED?

Hi purdue umaru,

If you put Infra Red beams each covering sections,
then an interruption could alert you to a section,
the more sections wanted, the more beams.

Depends how precise you need to locate ...

Best of luck with it, John :)

The area I want the system to cover is 400 sq Meters for a start and intend using IR LED as the IR source.

Regards,
Purdue.

I don't think it is possible to detect 4 directions with one sensor. What is the problem in using 4 sensors? You mentioned your distance is 400 meters. So which LED are you going to use which can focus its radiation upto 400m. Even if you use bunch of LEDs I don't think it will be sensed by any photodiode without high gain amplifier. IR LASER will be a better alternative. You can easily use it upto 1km.
Lets see if any expert comes up with a idea. :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back