Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infamy or In For Me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmanager

Morning Guys .. .. .. .

This has to be a record .. .. .. .. .

A couple of months ago I ordered some 12vdc Switch Mode Power Supplies from our colonial friends in Shenzhen. Unfortunately, one of them arrived explosively faulty and after a bit of to & fro including some photographs of the 'fault' they offered me either a partial refund or a replacement.

I opted for the replacement which has arrived from Shenzhen this morning and the address label struck me as informative ... ..it shows only two bits of vital information .. my first name and my postcode !

Well Done Royal Mail !

S

I opted for the replacement which has arrived from Shenzhen this morning and the address label struck me as informative ... ..it shows only two bits of vital information .. my first name and my postcode !

Well Done Royal Mail !
Or!! They know who you are!!!!!

Think Musicmanager and the postman share a pint at the pub on occasion, so they are on a first name basis.

Wondering how they could actually do that!! :wideyed:
Frankly, I had a little experience with Royal Mail a little over ten years ago regarding a lost/pilfered package. Far superior to USPS, which is where the package was probably pilfered.

US ZIP codes do not cover specific populations, like our political districts do. Many years ago, I worked for an entity in a small town of about 4000 people. Even in such a small town, that entity had its own zip code. Something addressed to your name with just that zip code would get to you. It was kind of ego boosting -- just a little.

The town ("village" technically) that I live near today (about 2300 people per se plus a few townships of 25 sq. miles each with very low populations) is small enough that something with the correct name and ZIP code might get to me. (I also give a little present to my letter carrier about this time of year, which probably helps.) Of course, I wouldn't expect that same service in most of the US.

John

Wondering how they could actually do that!!

I am not saying that it is an Orwellian Big Brother thing, but...
it is an Orwellian Big Brother thing.
People in high places are in the know...
May-Tusk.png

JimB

I'm on first name terms with my current royal mail postie "Bob" ( previous one also Bob ) ... he tells me how bad thing are getting... and he is just waiting to retire asap ...

It is amazing the lengths that the Post Office will go to in order to deliver mail which has been addressed in an odd manner.

On the road to Aberdeen from here, someone put a pink toy elephant in the window of a house.
The elephant could be clearly seen from the road.
The elephant received mail from far and wide addressed to "Pink Elephant Foveran", try googling it.
or
look here: https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/family-home-on-market-toy-elephant-included1/

The pink has faded to grey over the years.
A bit more like the colour of a real elephant I guess.

JimB

my current royal mail postie "Bob" ( previous one also Bob ) ...

They'll all called 'Bob' aren't they ??

The pink has faded to grey over the years.

It may be that the colour fades according to geographical location .. .. ..

Aberdeen ... Pink; Rochdale .. Rose coloured; Birmingham ?? Only White elephants here !

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back