Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INDUCTION LAUNCHER: I have all the parts connected and ready, just need to add new SCR/switch et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q_CLD

INDUCTION LAUNCHER: I have all the parts connected and ready, just need to add new SCR/switch et al.

The SCR at PIN 1 exploded on the first 2 tries. Tested w multimeter and determined SCR was busted.

I copied the components from this youtube vid:

I need a new SCR and perhaps a different configuration - would love some positive constructive suggestions and feedback.

ATTACHED:
Diagram with my current set up
2 versions of the Schematic from the YouTube vid

Attachments

• diagram.png
    diagram.png
    156 KB · Views: 123
  • schematic.png
    schematic.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 123
  • board schematic.png
    board schematic.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 128
It looks fairly simple. I could only suggest using a higher rated SCR, and perhaps add some sort of over voltage protection so that transients from the coil are not blowing the SCR. An R/C snubber might do the trick.

Not sure if theres any left a while back there was some very beefy russian scr's on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back