Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Induction heater: resonant or non-resonant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjack

Hello all. I just kink of stumbled and found you guys, so I'm new here.

Anyone have opions about building a resonant LC tank induction heater compared to a non-resonant type, which would use a push-pull setup into a step-down transformer? I am thinking about building one, and I am not sure which way to go. I figure the resonant will use less Mains power for the same current to the working coil, but will be more complex to fabricate.

I was hoping someone would be able to address this question.

If no one is sure, maybe this question can be addressed:

I have seen Phase-loop locking used to track the output current and adjust the frequency to the LC tank. Is there any topology, whose oscillation is controlled directly by the natural resonant frequency of the tank such that adjusting the frequency with circuitry is not needed?

Would an Armstrong oscillator or something like that work; and, if so, how would one set this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back