Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Indoor localization using ZigBee

Status
Not open for further replies.

suda_234

I have three reference nodes for computing the object's distance by trilateration metheod.( Trilateration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) After that the object was shown location in a PC.

Each node I use ZigBee.
-Reference node 3 nodes
-Object node 1 node
-Node at PC 1 node

Now I don't understand about RSSI estimating location. ZigBee's output appears for what value RSSI in dBm or Watt. And how to convert between RSSI and distance. I'm confused with RSSI formula and ZigBee. Could you suggest me the way to achieve?

Many thanks in advance.
PS I'm not native English.

It would nice if you could please give me a few tips on working with zigbee & zigbee programming, also the possible problems that i could face while working with Zigbee...Thanking you in advance

Indoor localization isn't possible without considering the environment. Any object in the path will effect received signal strength. The entire environment would have to be mapped and the device would have to start in a known location. Highly impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back