Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing Power Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaiowen

Hi, all.
I'm building a project whereby power is generated from an variable AC source, which needs to be converted to DC after that. The power output generated when connected to test loads seems not big enough to drive my application. May I know if there is any way that I can boost the power output so that it can power up my application.

The power generated was around maximum 200mA and 5V, while my application requires 900mA and 8V.

Thanks for any advice given.

In any circuit Power In = Power Out. There is no circuit which increases the power by itself. If you want you can use Power Amplifier but it requires its own power supply depending upon the power required at the output. It is always possible to increase voltage at the cost of dropped current or increase current at the cost of dropped voltage using transformers but not possible to increase both simultaneously without influence of external power source.

But you can increase the current with current regulators, and then after that use a voltage regulator.

But the overall power will remain the same without the influence of external source. Try experimenting with this.

there is a simple principle "nothing apperars, nothing disappears, it al tronsforms"(i donno if i i said it right but it means the same way).
it reffers that substance turns into energy and viceversa, one form of energy turns into another etc. so you cant get more power out of one cricuit than the power it gets in.
so please be more explicit of what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back