Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase voltage on RC DC motor (with reversable polarities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad.s

Hi all,

i have a query about a dc motor in an RC car. it is one of those cheap $20 ones which i'm using just to get started with electronics and circuits. What i'd like to do is simply increase the voltage to the motor. it runs off 2 x AA batteries (in series) which supply about 3v to the motor.

i've tried just putting 6v through it, and it works but the radio control transmission is "jerky", it erratically cuts out when using it. my guess so far is that i should create a small transistor amplifier circuit, and use that between the circuit and the motor. the problem is a) i don't know how to design it yet and b) it looks like transistor amplifiers don't work when the polarities of the voltage being supplied are reversed.

thanks for taking the time to read this, and any help is appreciated! feel free to say "read this tutorial" etc and post links. i'm working through the "tutorial" forums as time permits. i have a basic understanding of electronics and am competent to solder etc.

Cheers,

Vlad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back