Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase range of a rc car...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd13

One question: Is there any way to increase the range of a regular rc car? I really get board of you only getting 50ft out of them. also, if you know of any amp for a 49mhz transmitter that will also help.

thanks.

Hi!

As you suggested it, an obvious way would be to build an amplifier.
However, you should be able to squeze more power by replacing the output transistor with a more powerful one, or try increasing the base current of the output transistor (i.e. lower the value of the resistor that is connected the base pin of the transistor).

:!: NOTE: It's not my fault if you blow up your R/C transmitter...

I have never heard of an RC Car transmitter giving only 50 ft range. All the transmitters will control your car beyond your sight. What brand of radio are you using?

Striker.

LYNX Technologies makes two small RF amps,a high gain(receiver) and a high power(transmitter),both in a single package.They are $15 a piece from digi-key and simple to use(power,gnd,input and output).They are surface mount, but designed to still be hand solderable.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

dude thanks a lot!

Eclipsed: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!!! I’ve been searching for months and this is exactly what I needed, you answer my prayers! Thanks a ton. And the best part is that they are so simple to use! Thanks again!

I would recommend only amplifing your transmitter,as it would be easy to damage your receiver(as stated above)

Would this work on other remote contolled devices, such as a remote controlled game call. It has an antennae on top that I assume is RF. I really need to increase the range of my "Primos Powerdogg" ----any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back