Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Including HX711.h causes watchdog timeout of ESP8266.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
My current project combines a server, ftp and spiffs as the file system. All works as expected but I now want to add a weighing scale that can be calibrated and accessed via a html page. However, if I include HX711.h everything still works except the ftp server - any connection causes a WDT reset.

Any ideas how a header file can alter working code?

Mike.
P.S. can't post code as far too big.

Answered my own question,
The header contains the code,
Code:
#if ARDUINO_VERSION <= 106
    // "yield" is not implemented as noop in older Arduino Core releases, so let's define it.
    // See also: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34497758/what-is-the-secret-of-the-arduino-yieldfunction/34498165#34498165
    void yield(void) {};
#endif
Removing the line void yield(void) {}; fixes the problem.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back