Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inchworm not powering up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hedos said:
Ok, well, do you have an eagle schematic that would show how to hook up a 16 pins PIC (16F628A) with the ICD2 cable so it can be programmed?

The firefly doesn't seem to be an option just right now.

Hook up the 16F628A exactly like the 16F88 in the firefly schematic. Use a 10K to 22K resistor & a 1N4148 diode on MCLR.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
Hook up the 16F628A exactly like the 16F88 in the firefly schematic. Use a 10K to 22K resistor & a 1N4148 diode on MCLR.

Sounds great, not very complicated after all. Thanks!

I just have one last problem, I don't have a connector for the cable nor do I know where to get one. Any suggestion?

Hedos said:
One more thing.. can't seem to find anywhere this "inchworm i type" connector for the cable provided in the kit.. They only provided one connector.

Where could I get such a connector to put on the other end?
It's a standard socket connector 10pin (2x5) connector. Digikey Part # CKC10T-ND

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Great, thanks. What about the male connectors? That would be useful too. Didn't manage to find them on digikey, do you know its name / part number?

Here's a purdy grey one :) with gold pins. I use the black plastic tin pin ones as they are common in downtown Toronto.

Digikeys Canadian catalog page 43 has some new FCI ones that should be fine.

Digikey MHB10K-ND
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 0043.pdf
    197.5 KB · Views: 377
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back