In need of your help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roytoner

In need of your help please, trying to find a way to stop 12 volts returning back down a trigger wire, I have used a wire on a car alarm to trigger our folding mirrors which powers the indicators to flash when we disarm/arm the alarm, only thing is now when we use the indicators the mirrors fold & unfold Now if I can find something to put at the end of the alarm wires where they join the wiring loom to stop the feedback it would be a great help..
Paul.

sounds like you need a diode.A 1n4001 from radio shack should work.
the current will only flow when the diode is correctly polarized so it will allow a positive signal to travel out a wire but not back through it.

cyb0rg777 said:
sounds like you need a diode.A 1n4001 from radio shack should work.
the current will only flow when the diode is correctly polarized so it will allow a positive signal to travel out a wire but not back through it.
Thanx.. I'm over the Pond in England, and went to a place called Mapplins
who soldme those **broken link removed** but getting just under 2 volts feedback
Will have a look for the ones you have put me onto.
Paul.

OK
I don't know if a different diode will solve the problem.
1n4001 is a general purpose diode.
here is the spec sheet.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/05/1N2F1N4004.pdf
If I understand you ,you have your car alarm hooked to both your mirrors and indicators in parallel,but now when you flash your indicators your mirrors move.So you put a diode in series with the wire going to your siganls(so the voltage from your regular switch doesn't feed back),but you are still getting 2 volts through the alarm to the mirrors.
I can't think where the 2 volts could be coming from without a schematic.
Is this only when you flash your signals?

You might also want someone to look and make sure your mirrors aren't flashing your signals

Welcome to the forum

Last edited:
I think you are right Gaston .It's more work but that's probably the best way.To put a relay for each signal.

cyb0rg777 said:
I think you are right Gaston .It's more work but that's probably the best way.To put a relay for each signal.
Thought about that only thing is the relays would have to be live all the time which would drain the battery

cybOrg the trigger wire I am feeding for the mirrors is going to this **broken link removed** so onlt the mirrors are folding with the flashers.

Last edited:
You'll have to make the decision how to do it. If the alarm is activating the mirrors only when you arm/disarm the alarm then the relays should not be always on.The relays are the right way to do it I think.Not that much more trouble.

Looks like a good deal on the alarm.I made one ,It's in the project section. I still need to a better sensor for it. Mine uses an infrared remote but a radio would be better because you don't need line of sight. I can always go back and change anything I want to though.

I don't see what sensor and transmitter yours is using .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…