Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In need of your help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roytoner

In need of your help please, trying to find a way to stop 12 volts returning back down a trigger wire, I have used a wire on a car alarm to trigger our folding mirrors which powers the indicators to flash when we disarm/arm the alarm, only thing is now when we use the indicators the mirrors fold & unfold :D Now if I can find something to put at the end of the alarm wires where they join the wiring loom to stop the feedback it would be a great help..
Paul.

sounds like you need a diode.A 1n4001 from radio shack should work.
the current will only flow when the diode is correctly polarized so it will allow a positive signal to travel out a wire but not back through it.

cyb0rg777 said:
sounds like you need a diode.A 1n4001 from radio shack should work.
the current will only flow when the diode is correctly polarized so it will allow a positive signal to travel out a wire but not back through it.
Thanx.. I'm over the Pond in England, and went to a place called Mapplins
who soldme those **broken link removed** but getting just under 2 volts feedback :mad:
Will have a look for the ones you have put me onto.
Paul.

OK
I don't know if a different diode will solve the problem.
1n4001 is a general purpose diode.
here is the spec sheet.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/05/1N2F1N4004.pdf
If I understand you ,you have your car alarm hooked to both your mirrors and indicators in parallel,but now when you flash your indicators your mirrors move.So you put a diode in series with the wire going to your siganls(so the voltage from your regular switch doesn't feed back),but you are still getting 2 volts through the alarm to the mirrors.
I can't think where the 2 volts could be coming from without a schematic.
Is this only when you flash your signals?

You might also want someone to look and make sure your mirrors aren't flashing your signals

Welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
cyb0rg777 said:
I think you are right Gaston .It's more work but that's probably the best way.To put a relay for each signal.
Thought about that only thing is the relays would have to be live all the time which would drain the battery:confused:

cybOrg the trigger wire I am feeding for the mirrors is going to this **broken link removed** so onlt the mirrors are folding with the flashers.

Last edited:
You'll have to make the decision how to do it. If the alarm is activating the mirrors only when you arm/disarm the alarm then the relays should not be always on.The relays are the right way to do it I think.Not that much more trouble.

Looks like a good deal on the alarm.I made one ,It's in the project section. I still need to a better sensor for it. Mine uses an infrared remote but a radio would be better because you don't need line of sight. I can always go back and change anything I want to though.

I don't see what sensor and transmitter yours is using .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back