Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In need of help to create a flashing sequence PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfarney

Can anyone help me make some PCB's to control LED's and SMD's? I saw a post here some time ago and it never was really answered about creating these boards. Hopefully as time passed someone has seen or can help make these. If you go to the link you can see the different patterns the board (micro controller) can produced. Just place the cursor on the pattern selections. There are other boards in various sizes that will also be needed but I gotta start someplace. The maker of these boards is no longer selling them and every attempt to contact him has been unsuccessful. I think he may have passed. My self and others tried contacting him and a few even went to his house and it was empty.

Any help or guidance is appreciated
Here's the link where I saw this post a while back

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/pcb-schematic-for-16-led-12-pattern-pcb.94058/

Here's some nice pics of the boards and video also

http://www.onlineauction.com/auction/984053/Led-Chaser-Sequencer-Kit-1

http://www.onlineauction.com/auction/1022182/Led-Chaser-Sequencer-Kit-2C

Can anyone at least identify the parts attached to the PCB or offer an idea about the programing? I have a few of the the ones that were being sold for comparison. I have a few places in China working on this so I have something in the works but ideas, suggestions, and help would be appreciated.

Thnx

Only you can help there. There are markings on the IC's. As cryptic as they are, they help identify the component.

Reverse engineering helps. What pins are connected to what.

But you appear to have a regulator, switch. a processor, a bypass cap, a resistor array, and a diode (probably Schottky for reverse polarity protection) Since PIC (www.microchip.com) processors are pretty cheap, that would not surprise me.

As they say, it's all in the wrist. It's looks like a fair amount of effort was put into making the patterns and programming.

The IP (Intellectual property) is the programing.

Supposedly, instructions are provided. Do they define the patterns?

EDIT:

I did look at your other thread and there is enough I/O on the chip to support 12 I/O pins. You say both rows flash together which means it's the same as a single 8 bit row.

It seems like your "dead in the water" so to speak until you get a LED chaser.

Te PICAXE is a PIC programmable in BASIC. www.picaxe.com.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the response and help!!! As I previously stated, the original designer and maker can n ot be reached and it appears he may have passed so its fustrating to say the least to try and get this done when my knowledge is limited on the subject. I attached an instruction sheet provided for the one board. I would be willing to compensate someone for their help in developing and designing a simular product. I can get the PCB's through the UL on each board and the Micro controller (Microchip) so I got those two things but it looks like there';s alot more work still to go.

The patterns can be seen by clicking on the
Patterns:
1 -to- 10, 11 -to- 21, 22 -to- 58

To view them and the instruction sheet give some more info but I get the feeling its not enough.

Thanks again for your assistance

Attachments

• 8led-1c Traffic Strobe.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 261
tf:

I found this: http://picprojects.org.uk/projects/ledchaserpwm/#Schematic It;s pretty much what you want, only big. It has a catch though, it cannot be used for commercial purposes.

The schematic contains a few more components and seems a bit more robust, but it's what I would expect.
There are bypass caps on the regulator and a programming header. The author of the project your using could have used a "bed of nails" or manged to get the PIC's mass programmed.

Generally, there are software fuses that prevent reading of the code in a commercial product.

Last edited:
Gimme a break. I have a mental/physical condition where my responses won't be perfect every time. Try having migraines every time it rains. I've got some penmanship samples from class notes that look like different people and the only difference was medicating 20 minutes earlier. I know the difference, but that post was done on a rainy day. I graduated from one college with a 4.0 GPA and graduated from another while on a leave of absence.

I would have been happy to correct if I got a PM. Now, I won't. I'm doing pretty well here, if you take a look at the "members" menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back