Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In Need Of A Good Soldering Iron, Found A Few But ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello one and all, I'm new to the Boards here and just happen to come across the forums here after
doing a google search for the

Now I don't mind spending a few extra duckets as long as It is worth it, but never owning either of these What kind of quality is built in to either of these, I must admit that I do like the Digital Readout and being able to dial in your temperature setting and seeing the read out as the ZD-929C does. But on the same hand I have never heard on the E-tailer that I Linked the ZD-929C to. And I don't need to to spend hundreds on a soldering Iron and the items that I linked to at Amazon are about at my limit of funds that I would be willing to spend.

And I'm only going to be using it while working on / building / Modding computers and such. And ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you
Dre

Last edited:
I have the Weller and have good luck with it.

One thing to think of is the availability of replacement tips. Hakko and Weller have been around a long time and are available almost any where, The ZD is not a name brand, and the site you linked to says "tips not for other irons" What if MPJ switches to another brand? Will tips for the ZD still be available?

Digital readouts seem nice but honestly aren't worth much. I would highly recommend the Hakko 936. It has a very large following and good tip availability.

Last edited:
"shortbus="
Thank you for the insight and you do bring up a valid point that I had not thought of, Well that rules out the ZD!

"speakerguy79"
Thank you for the Info, and your insight.

Now I just have to make a decision, Hakko or Weller.

EDIT: Hakko is the winner, Well after tossing the Coin that is :)

Dre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back