Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In Despertae Need Of Basic Help ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginnyaftertaste

Hello everyone ... now im very new to anything to do with electronics as i am a prosthetc sculptor. I am making small creatures but am wanting to animate them ...attatch moving lights to them ..make various parts of them move but i have no idea where i can learn this! As i said i have not even the most basic idea about electronics or robotics :( . A general course in either i think would not be specialized enough for what i want and the only other courses i can find are three year degree courses in animatronics . I would be really greatful if anyone could direct me to any books that would teach me the basics or even any courses ...oh Im in London by the way :)

Thanks guys ...you bredth of knowledged on here astounds me!! :)
Ginnyaftertaste x

Last edited:
One of the paths to achieve your goals is to read and learn about "muscle wires" and their applications.
There has to be kits that will get you started hands-on and their assembly instructions, if decent, can provide the electrical basis to lean the theory too.
Miguel

You should get credit for an original CyberName.
You wouldn't care to elaborate on how you picked it, would you?:confused:

Hmmm... not much to it. Around 1995 when everyone was boarding the internet, I decided to create an 'against the current' name for a company I had to form that dealt only with exterior (overseas) telephony product instead of internal (domestic).

And used as net nick since then. :eek:

Miguel

I wasn't clear; I was talking about the OP, "Ms. Taste"!
:p

oh ..hehe ..me? Hmmmmm .... lets say i had a heavy weekend when i made that one up!! Thaks for your help guys ..ill check all the info out soon x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back