Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In circuit Transistor tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have baught a Kit from Jaycar The kit number is KA1119
I have assembled the kit and I have tried testing a transistor in circuit but the reading showes faulty but when I remove the transistor from the circuit it then reads ok.
Can you help me with this problem.
Can I post a circuit digram of this tester.
Or can I take a photo of the circuit board and components and post it on the sight.if this helps.

Gregory said:
Can I post a circuit digram of this tester.
Or can I take a photo of the circuit board and components and post it on the sight.if this helps.

Both Schematic and photo of your circuit would help. Post them in either .gif or .png format.

Try with a DMM in diode mode if you have one.

Normally for a quick test of a transisitor or diode in circuit you get a voltage drop of about 0.4, 0.5 or 0.6 volts across the junction. Even with a parrallel path through other components on the board.
If the transistor is shot, the reading is 0.0 - 0.1 volts across the juntion.

A photo would help from your tester and a schema if you have one.

Regards, Raymond

Circuit digram and photoes

Could the switch 2 be back to front?
I have attached the photoes.

Attachments

• Circuit.jpg
    Circuit.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,620
  • IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • IMG_3059.JPG
    IMG_3059.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 753
You need to be aware that this type of tester will only work under certain circumstances in-circuit, there are plenty of situations where the circuit configuration stops it working. I built one probably 25 years ago?, it was published in Practical Television magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back