Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout_54

Hi guys,

I'm on a rush for a project in Image Processing basically tracking objects. My project involves the use of Matlab but due to my poor knowledge in the software and in this field, I'm stuck somewhere along the way. Can anyone familiar in this field provide me with some assistance? Any help will be gladly appreciated.

scout_54 said:
Hi guys,

I'm on a rush for a project in Image Processing basically tracking objects. My project involves the use of Matlab but due to my poor knowledge in the software and in this field, I'm stuck somewhere along the way. Can anyone familiar in this field provide me with some assistance? Any help will be gladly appreciated.

So where is it along the way that you are stuck? I'm not too familiar with Image processing techniques (such as computations, algorithms etc..) but you havnt specified which part of an image processing system you would work on. Hardware? Software? My understanding is that image processing is necessarily a rather complicated system.

You will get some better responses if you pose your problem clearly.

I assume since you are using matlab that you are looking for a software solution. You can make an object tracker with fairly simple algorithms. First you need some characteristic that separates the object from its surroundings. Color it bright green or make it black against a white background. Then you can use a simple threshold algorithm (returns a 1 for pixels greater (or less) than a certain value and a 0 for everyting else ) to make a 1 bit bitmap of things that have the same properties as your object. The 1 bit image makes the processing much easier. You can then use a dissolve algorithm which will remove the outer layer of pixels from all the 1 regions. You keep disolving until everyting that is too small to be your object is gone. the only thing left has to be your object.

Hope this helps.
Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back