Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image processing Blackfin DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

metanoya

Can anyone please help? I need to interface a CMOS VGA sensor to an Analog Devices Blackfin533 board and do image processing to detect if motion has occured. Once that occurs, I need to capture a few frames, encode them to JPEG and send them to a GPRS module to FTP it to a FTP server. I can get an Agilent CMOS VGA module that outputs JPEG or a Micron or ST CMOS VGA module that outputs Bayer format. Can anybody please tell me which is easier to use. I know that with the Bayer format I will have to do the JPEG encoding myself, but I don't know if it is possible to do image processing on JPEG data. Also, I don't know if I will be able to find a JPEG encoder IC here in South Africa, so I'll probably have to write code on the DSP itself to perform this. How much strain is this going to put on the DSP? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back