Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image fix for Sony trinitron CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebate

Hi,
I am new here. I started a small Sony Trinitron Crt TV (scart). Overall it works great.
Unfortunately on white/light color images, there is a green band overplayed. On some image it looks purple. When the picture is mostly white, there are some static sound on the speakers.
There is no high pitch noise from the tube. And the TV working perfectly on dark images.
By the way, I use two different scart cable to test this Crt just in case it was the cable. I also use two different machine to be sure that the TV was faulty and not the computer.
Is this Crt dying? Any chance that there would be an easy fix like changing some capacitors?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_130526.jpg
    IMG_20201203_130526.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20201203_133052.jpg
    IMG_20201203_133052.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 253
it looks like either the tube face got magnetized, or the color purity magnets need to be adjusted.... the first problem is easy to fix... the second one requires a video test generator and some finesse.... a service manual will have the purity adjustment procedure in it... TVs and monitors have a built-in degaussing coil connected through a thermistor. if the thermistor is open circuit, it won't demagnetize the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back