Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

im new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jareeb

i was wanting to know where i could find a LM386 for making a amp, like if i could take one out of something.

or how might i make a amp out of a kf353?

A small radio alarm clock?

What country do you live in?

Here in the UK, the LM386 can be purchased from Maplin but there are better suppliers i.ie RS, Farnel and Rapid.

You can probably get it from RadioShack but the best deals can be found by online e.g. Digikey.

Here in the States you can get a 386 at either Mouser or Digi-Key, for the NJM386 (part # 513-NJM386D) at $0.42 ea or the real deal Nat. Semi. version LM386 (part # LM386M-1-ND) at $0.95 respectively.

The LM386 is an audio amplifier. The KF353 is a dual JFET op amp. They are different devices designed for different purposes, so they are not at all interchangable.

i dont want to fill the fourm up on threads about audio amps. will this one work for a dual channel amp as in right and left channels?

It might or might not. It would help to know which device it is...LOL! You forgot to say which device...:D

I'm affraid that the TDA1571 is out of the question. It's rated at 6W per channel...that is what one would use for desktop speakers and would destroy your headphones and your hearing if powered correctly. It could not be powered by a 9V battery as the quiescent current alone is 40ma typically and 80ma max as compared to the LM386 at about 4-5ma with the -1 version rated at 375mW mono.

If you really want to do this project, you have to look at the parameters of the device noted in the datasheets. The video showed construction of a very non-standard use of the LM386 that is at great odds with the recommended configuration of the device for proper and stable operation.

You might want to invest a few bucks in a breadboard and experiment with various audio circuits and expand your electronic horizons from there. It can be fun and the real benefit is the learning experience, to say nothing of the satisfaction of designing your own first circuit.

Good Luck!

thanks for the info, im just trying to make something with the stuff i already have. what would be a decent project the i could find the electronics in everyday items? im going to make this esc once i get the money

Electronic Speed Controller, i can get all the stuff for the from radio shack and a sevro from hobbykind for 2 bucks, and ill maybe by the lm386 by the way what kind of things have lm386s in them?

Well the very first thing I would recommend is building a variable power supply for your own work station. That is always a good starting point as everything needs power to be tested and evaluated. Then you will find you need a second supply for many things you might want to get into. You can't always use batteries for supply current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back