Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IGBT Driver For Induction Heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexsgarage

I am getting 4 IGBTs for an induction heating inverter. I am trying to find a good circuit to drive them. For the oscillator I am using an SG3524 PWM I will use duty cycle to vary the power output of the tank coil. Does anyone know of a good circuit to drive these IGBTs.

Check out the IRF21xx series of IGBT driver IC's. they are very common and easy to work with. The would be directly compatible with a standard 3524 IC in supply voltage and signals.

I have decided on the IR2110 MOSFET/IGBT driver for this. The IR2110 supplies a gate drive voltage of 10-20V, has undervoltage lockout and the outputs are in phase with the inputs. This IC also has seperate high and low side gate drives perfect for the half bridge inverter I am building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back