Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify WIMA Capacitor Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Hi,

Please can someone assist in identifying the capacitance values of these caps.

WIMA does not mention what units the capacitance values are in.

20130105_130356.jpg

Thanks,
StudentSA

Last edited:
The blue one is 2200pF which is 2.2nF which is 0.0022uF at 400V.
The red one is 0.1uF at 63V.

Wima makes very good, high current, high voltage capacitors.

At my last job, we found that +/-5% tolerance Wima film caps not as advertised, with tolerance variation up and just past +/-10%, and unsuitable for precision design.

This measured on a Fluke/Philips LCR meter and double checked with a Fluke 79 portable DMM.

At my last job, we found that +/-5% tolerance Wima film caps not as advertised, with tolerance variation up and just past +/-10%, and unsuitable for precision design.

This measured on a Fluke/Philips LCR meter and double checked with a Fluke 79 portable DMM.

I am surprised! I have noticed that the caps are sorted. Example +/-10% caps are actually +10 to +5% and -5 to -10%. And the +/-5% caps have the +/2% caps sorted out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back