Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify unknown ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth Gunn

Hi,
I have a Dell Poweredge R720 motherboard for repair and noticed one of the chip ripped out (missing) next to memory slots. Luckily I have a spare good known working board and there is a 6 pin ic labelled AQTH I assume it is SOT457 package but trying to source/identfy what the ic is, possibly power regulator for memory slots? Does anyone recognise AQTH?
Many thanks
Gareth

Do a Google search with these keywords: "List of SMT markings to part number"

Look for the "THE SMD CODEBOOK"

Hi,
I have a Dell Poweredge R720 motherboard for repair and noticed one of the chip ripped out (missing) next to memory slots. Luckily I have a spare good known working board and there is a 6 pin ic labelled AQTH I assume it is SOT457 package but trying to source/identfy what the ic is, possibly power regulator for memory slots? Does anyone recognise AQTH?
Many thanks
Gareth
Hi Gareth

Can you upload a photo of the chip on the working board.
Having said its right next to the memory slots, I'd suspect it being a regulator. Trace the pins and see where it goes / comes from. Power IC for the RAM DIMMS should be close by...
ps. I'm searching for a schematic... do you have the exact motherboard details for me? Usually its printed in white somewhere on the MB. example LA-8217P and a bunch of other jazz...

This is the most comprehensive list of SMD marking I know of - it may be in there:
**broken link removed**
Be warned that it currently has no working search function, so you'll have to search through *very* patiently.

I have tried SMD codebook to no avail. Here is the photo for you to see....
One of the track goes back to K401 (amplifier?) just above AQTH.
Hope that helps? Let me know if you need more photos?

Attachments

• 20180312_100541[1].jpg
    20180312_100541[1].jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 174
I have tried SMD codebook to no avail. Here is the photo for you to see....
One of the track goes back to K401 (amplifier?) just above AQTH.
Hope that helps? Let me know if you need more photos?
Gareth thanks for the photo. You didn't see any codes on the board that could be used to identify that specific board. Would be really nice to get hold of a schematic for that board....

I'm pretty sure that's a MOSFET - as you suggested, part of the power supply. Note how many of the pins down each side are commoned together. It also seems to be marked "Q" on the silkscreen.
That looks like the Fairchild logo, so maybe start there, looking for their MOSFETs in that package (can anyone tell us what that package is called exactly?).

I'm pretty sure that's a MOSFET - as you suggested, part of the power supply. Note how many of the pins down each side are commoned together. It also seems to be marked "Q" on the silkscreen.
That looks like the Fairchild logo, so maybe start there, looking for their MOSFETs in that package (can anyone tell us what that package is called exactly?).
Tomizett yeah thats a mosfet but also not the one he's after...
He wants to know about the component labeled [AQTH] the six pin.

Gareth: Have you checked the outputs on those pins? I guess the board that you took the photo from works? If so maybe we can figure out a good alternative component...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back