Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumieus

Hello guys..

Im trying to simulate a circuit from Hobby Kit book and i dont know how to choose what transistor..

In the book, it say Q1=9012 (PNP) Q2=C945/C1815.(NPN)

My question is, how to select/choose/identify what transistor to use?

In multisim database for transistor, it have 2SC1815 <- so i choose this for Q2?

Tq.

And where do speaker 8 ohm located in multisim? :eek:

Last edited:
With regards the C945, I think it's the KSC 945 NPN - 60V, 150mA, 250mW 300MHz transistor. The BC174, BC182, BC190 and BC546 can possibly be used in its place. There should be others, as these are all quite common.

For the C1815 I also ended up at the 2SC1815, but there should be other, will look further.
I'm still not in the clear on the 9012, but have not really looked too hard yet.

9012 - SS9012 PNP 40V, 500mA 625mW. This could be scarce, depending where you live. Also try BC327, BC636, BC638 and BC640.

Yip, the 2SC1815 has exactly same spec as KSC945, same substitutes, etc.

Hope you come right.
Building an amplifier of sort maybe?

can u teach me how you identify them? step by step maybe.. tq

im trying to simulate an electronic siren but there is no 8 ohm speaker in multisim.. how? using speaker from labview instrument but the only sound it make was a 'dot' sound.. :( can someone help?

Last edited:
Actually for the hard ones I didn't know, I just typed the number you have supplied onto google, then when I came up with something more complete, I looked it up in my component manuals.
It's difficult to teach anything else, maybe some ubber electronics pro can give you better tips.
Sorry, I have never used multisim, so will not be able to help you there.
Someone hopefully knows.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back