Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identification on an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Hi guys, I got a collection of LCDs from scrapped cellphones and I've revisited them to try and light them up. Unfortunately I'm not totally sure which cellphone this one came from, most probably a Nokia phone. It has ten pins (I've wired them out.. with much effort :D), color type, with a quite visible pixelled appearance and its label at the back is:

CH560AT1-I

and the serial number (I think) is

SA U609B123AA B9 MP5.0
6 38 09 19 4850859

Anyone who knows how to identify this one? I hope there's a datasheet for it.
LCDs are still pretty costly for me, being a hobbyist.

A picture could help

Hi there.
Here are the pictures:
**broken link removed**
and
**broken link removed**

Sorry my phone camera is really not for the job but that's the best I can come up with at the moment.

Cheers.
Vizier87.

Nice filing cabnet and white board, pitty about the display, other than making out it is actually a display the photo is useless.

well the details of the LCD are as stated:
CH560AT1-I

and the serial number (I think) is

SA U609B123AA B9 MP5.0
6 38 09 19 4850859

I'm not sure if there's any other detail which is important here....

Last edited:
You really have nothing to work with, those part numbers are internal identifications for the maker, they're not published, if you don't know what device this came from you really have no avenues to further your understanding unless someone has pulled a similar display out of a device and recognizes the part number.

Are you sure there are only 10 pins on the connector to the display? Close up high resolution in focus pictures might help, but again as stated the photo's above provide no useful information.

As a side note I've taken very high resolution close focus pictures with my cell phone camera by using a 10X eye-loupe in front of the objective lens of a cell phone. One thing the previous photo's are lacking is light, cell phone cameras need a LOT of light to take even halfway decent pictures without noise, all the graininess from the photo's you've shown are noise because of insufficient lighting.

I attached an example image, this one suffers from poor lighting as well but it was just a quick example of what you can do.

Attachments

• cell phone closeup.jpg
    cell phone closeup.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 256
You need the model number.
http://nokia-tuning.net/index.php?m=pinouts
may help.

Wouldn't hurt, but don't try to contact Nokia technical support, that has nothing whats ever to do with anything of this kind of a technical nature, you'd have to find out how to contact a Nokia engineer that could help you, good luck with that! But playing phone tag to try to find someone that can help you might be fun in and of itself.

What do you mean contact search? From Nokia? They're not gonna provide a public avenue for contacting an engineer directly. Do you see Microsoft's website have a link to any of Bill Gates direct phone lines, or any of their chief programmers or even minor engineers? The public isn't supposed to be able to contact these individuals directly outside of buisness communication.

Buisness communication is always formal and from customers, which you aren't, you're a consumer.

Last edited:
Well... that's right too... I suppose I just have to wait their reply based on goodwill then.. I wrote a pretty convincing message to them (not that I'm lying to them though). Aren't they supposed to be a bit relaxed when it comes to Facebook?

But then, I haven't got any replies from either three of them. :)

Allright guys... I think I got the answer... I googled part of the ID number i.e 4850859 and got a link which directs to a Nokia 1600... So perhaps that is the solution, hopefully... :)

Mmmmmm a bit of problem here. The 1600 pinouts in the 'net show the terminals which are shown at the inner part of the phone i.e like this:
**broken link removed**

But I dismantled mine and got it wired properly using the socket on the PCB itself, like this:
**broken link removed**

Any clues?

Last edited:
well, it is a 1600, but I just don't know how to identify the pinouts i.e shown here:
**broken link removed**

The LCD looks like this:
**broken link removed**
Taken from another guy's pictures, but they are nevertheless the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back