Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas on camera flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinloh

I have a camera that I does not take pictures but it makes flashes. Iwould like to know how can I make the flashgun fire continously and not flashes after flashes.

Thanx

You cannot fire a camera flash continuously, The capacitor takes time to be re charged from the battery.
What you want is a strobe light, like you see in disko's.
Klaus

Can the xenon flash tube flash continuously if I use a 12V to 300V inverter connected to the capacitor and removing the capacitor.

kevinloh said:
Can the xenon flash tube flash continuously if I use a 12V to 300V inverter connected to the capacitor and removing the capacitor.

Yes, but I doubt a xenon tube designed for use as a camera flash would last very long if used as a strobe light.

me 2.
it is about the heat that it is disipated in it even a single falsh heats it enough to raise the temperature of the tube itself with up to 30 degrees if i assume that you have a small battery camera.
you have to imagine that it is actually plasma that the flash itself is made of......high temperature
i don't advise you to try it.

if you use a smaller capacitor, you can flash the tube faster. If you use the original inverter to charge the capacitor, it is unlikely to produce enough power to burn out the tube. With no capacitor it may be possible to burn the tube continuously, but it will produce such a weak and weedy light as to be useless. Hope this answers your question.

Ok, a small capacitor rated 320V 180uF will charge up mush more faster than a 320V 320uF right. Ok, small capacitor (180uf)= fast charge time
big capacitor (320uf) = ???? (could it be longer flash duration?

And another thing I got 2 identical circuits (A & B-main circuit) for the 2 cameras, can I hooked the capacitor terminals of the A circuit to the B circuit of the capacitor terminals so that could it be faster charging times?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back