Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideal rectifier with single supply opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Eric. I'm not sure why you posted that for me, but it was interesting all the same. Looks like a good device if high performance is required.

The opamp is configured as an inverting amplifier. So the opamp output voltage, for a negative input will be positive. The output voltage will be such that the voltage at the negative input - the junstion of the resistor divider - will be 0V (i.e. the same as the +ve input).

Thanks for the explanation, I now understand the theory, BUT :) will the opamp be damaged by the negative voltage at the input? The datasheet states that, when using a single power supply, the opamp can't tolerate voltages lower than -0.3V.
Is the negative feedback loop that fast? If, for example, it generates +0.5V at the output then it means it has -0.5V at the input... will that damage it?

Thanks for the explanation, I now understand the theory, BUT :) will the opamp be damaged by the negative voltage at the input? The datasheet states that, when using a single power supply, the opamp can't tolerate voltages lower than -0.3V.
Is the negative feedback loop that fast? If, for example, it generates +0.5V at the output then it means it has -0.5V at the input... will that damage it?

hi,
As the input to the INV input is via a 10K or 100K, the input at the OPA pin will be within the voltage specification, its OK.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back