Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Idea for Electrical/Control Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablome

Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a project idea related to electrical/control perhaps. I cant think of too much unfortunately, since TV washed away my imagination I guess. Plus I don't want to spend too much and make something way too complicated. This project is for school and I have around 4-6mths on my spare time months to complete it. Some projects that some students I know have done...are an elevator, or wind-powered generator that pumps water too, or Paralleling a Synchronous Generator, and so on. At school there are PLC's( I think PLC5 and the PLC5000) that we can use, Allen Bradly AC drive control., Power Flex AC motor controller, Iv used the Motorola 68hc11e9 microcontroller for ADC C code apps. or maybe PWM(not really a coding kind of guy though), and will work on variable speed drives later on.
Anyway, I was hoping for some suggestions.
I saw some PWM DC motor schematics that maybe might come useful.
What do you think?

One of my ideas was to maybe make a unit that navigates itself in a room from obstacles through infrared or bounce switches... also perhaps it would have an air filter unit mounted so it filters the air wherever it goes, or perhaps it can also be an air heater, so different parts of the room get heat distributed evenly. You think thats possible or too much work?:confused: :)

Last edited:
pablome said:
Why no reply?
We have done our school homework all by ourselves long ago. We don't like doing someone else's homework.

You will go for a job interview and will be asked what can you do for their company. You will say, "I don't know, I will ask in an online forum".

Whats are forums such as this good for than? If not doing someones "homework" than somethign else right? Which is what?

People doing projects as a hobby, or people who have already put their own skills and ingenuity into a project, hobby or school, but have gotten stuck. It's not a place where you come to get someone else to do your work for you, or to be creative for you.

We discuss electronic circuits here. How they work, why they work, why they don't work and how to make them better or how to simplify a circuit.

You want us to tell you which project you should make for school. You should know what you can do better than we know what you can do.

I did add something below in my first post what my Idea was, but I don't know if it was practical. It does deal with electronic circuits of course.

You can make a robot if you want. Discuss its circuits in our Robotics Chat forum. I hardly go there.

Build a robot with a microphone, a low pass filter, and an activated charcoal filter. have it home in on people who fart, and pump the suuounding air through the filter.

You could also add a big flashing light.

mroberts said:
Build a robot with a microphone, a low pass filter, and an activated charcoal filter. have it home in on people who fart, and pump the suuounding air through the filter.

You could also add a big flashing light.
Yeah you got the resources for that?

You could probably build something like that for less than 50 bucks. Better yet, just set it up with to light a match <smirk>
Improvise, you can do a LOT with limited resources.

The robot can light the fart on fire.:D
The microphone won't work to pickup the deadly quiet farts.

pablome said:
Iv used the Motorola 68hc11e9 microcontroller for ADC C code apps. or maybe PWM(not really a coding kind of guy though), and will work on variable speed drives later on.
So you can do a very good advance project.Controling the wheels is a must in moving projects.
Also there are some friends of mine they have downloaded the full circuit from the internet & feeded the hex files to the microcontrollers.for the school exhibitions they have make that project & won prizes.......

And now I got to know he has got a patent to that copied project.......
I dont like this method........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back