Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IDE Pin Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

npatel

Hi,

I have an old 12X CDROM. I have detached it and connected it to an external source. I want to see if I can make a CD Player out of it, but the thing is I need to tell the CDROM to begin playing. Does anyone know what pins on th IDE Bus have to be set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't you have any switches on the front panel? My drive has 3 switches for Play/Stop, FF and Rev. and it plays audio CD without IDE cable connectd to the drive. Only supply is enough to get the audio signla out from phone jack.

Unfortunately some types haven`t PLAY button on front panel.On IDE bus no pins for this function.No chance for stand-alone mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back