Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Id gladly pay some one to fix this please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyhi

I have a xbox 360 with 0021 error code (red ring of death).This happened in Jungle Flasher when I went to go in vendor mode. It tells you to turn off power for 1 second, so I unplugged the power from dvd rom and plugged it back in real fast. Well when I plugged it in I got instant 3 red lights 0021 error. I might have hit the wrong pin plugging it back in .Some 1 who knows how to xclamp ,did the xclamp for me and still 0021.

The drive is flashed correct. Something shorted,or something like that.
Tryed a new drive and same thing. Tryed disconnecting the drive..same thing

Il ship anywhere in the us. and pay 50 bucks for it fixed.
Before this I never had any problem. Never played to much and always kept in a cool area. never over heated. The xclamp fix was done (in hopes to fix 0021) with hot gun,I really doubt there were any loose connections on gpu or cpu to begin with.So if anything thats good and always was good.
Id rather have some one fix it tho..

Some one please help me out.I will pay you to fix.

Last edited:
heyhi, send it to these guys
PSR
Seems reasonable if it's legit, and they'll ship it back if they can't fix it, better yet, if they can't fix it have them ship it to me, I could use the parts =) I love gutting dead electronics.

PSR
Seems reasonable if it's legit, and they'll ship it back if they can't fix it, better yet, if they can't fix it have them ship it to me, I could use the parts =) I love gutting dead electronics.

Thanks man. I think thats a little to expensive. I was kinda looking to spend 50.

PSR
here is an extract from **broken link removed**
"
0021 This can be caused by two completely different things either:
A. DVD Drive Time out - Can be caused by problems with a firmware flash. This is also speculated to sometime be caused by a problem with the southbridge chipset on the motherboard based on how it connects to the DVD drive.
B. GPU error, generally caused by a poor connection to the mainboard (cold solder joints/bridged solder joints) See error 102 for more information
"

I'd say he bricked the DVD drive when he flashed it but he said he hadn't actually flashed the drive yet just powered it off and back on. He said in the other thread that he was putting it factory mode for the flash. He swears it's not the DVD drive because he said it still works in another system.
My questions would be these then.

Did you test the DVD drive AFTER the accident in another system, or BEFORE? I'd test it again to rule that out.
Did you ever flash the DVD drive at all, has it been tested since?

If the drive still in it's current state works in another machine I'm going to guess you either shorted the DVD interface on the motherboard, or the firmware on that DVD drive is incompatible with that particular XBOX. I'm not even sure if that's possible.

Forgive me if I sound like I'm getting short tempered but I am. This is the FOURTH thread heyhi has made concerning an XBOX DVD drive and not a single one of them contains all the relevant information. It's like pulling teeth, there's absolutely no methodology in his atempts to modify this XBOX and you need to be methodical when doing things like that. I know I've done a few PS2 mod chip installs.

I'd say he bricked the DVD drive when he flashed it but he said he hadn't actually flashed the drive yet just powered it off and back on. He said in the other thread that he was putting it factory mode for the flash. He swears it's not the DVD drive because he said it still works in another system.
My questions would be these then.

Did you test the DVD drive AFTER the accident in another system, or BEFORE? I'd test it again to rule that out.
Did you ever flash the DVD drive at all, has it been tested since?

If the drive still in it's current state works in another machine I'm going to guess you either shorted the DVD interface on the motherboard, or the firmware on that DVD drive is incompatible with that particular XBOX. I'm not even sure if that's possible.

Forgive me if I sound like I'm getting short tempered but I am. This is the FOURTH thread heyhi has made concerning an XBOX DVD drive and not a single one of them contains all the relevant information. It's like pulling teeth, there's absolutely no methodology in his atempts to modify this XBOX and you need to be methodical when doing things like that. I know I've done a few PS2 mod chip installs.

Yea the dvd drive works on another system. A new drive was tested with this system still same thing...With the drive unplugged I still get same error.

Last edited:
You think $89.00 is too expensive to fix your game???!!!...what rock have you been living under.
Including filling out paperwork, diagnostics, repair, cleaning, billing, repacking, shipping, etc...its probibly at least 4-5 hours of work.

...come on guy

Probably 15.00. The thing is I got a 30 dollar drive already plus payed some one 20 to try the xclamp fix.... another 100 isent gonna be worth it

Probably 15.00. The thing is I got a 30 dollar drive already plus payed some one 20 to try the xclamp fix.... another 100 isent gonna be worth it
If the drive is checked on another set up, better have a look for any bent pin sort on the drive connecting socket on your Xbox 360.
Fortunately if such a thing is traced, perhaps you could struggle to restore it to a workable shape.

Add to that for that price it's probably the most basic level of repair. Plus if they can't fix it you still have to pay shipping. Try posting in craigslist.org for a local shop.

Okay if swapping the DVD drives is off, maybe there's an internal reset somewhere to clear the error message that the system has flagged obviously in non-volitile memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back