Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ID a SOT-23 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western

Hi, I've exhausted my ability, patience and time trying to identify a SOT-23 transistor/mosfet/??? with the marking B6CC3. Can anyone offer any help please.

A pair of them are used to drive a small transformer, to provide 5 volts to feed a a 3.3 volt regulator.

Thanks.

Hopefully these are clear enough.

Attachments

• 20181219_095417.jpg
    20181219_095417.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • 20181219_095444.jpg
    20181219_095444.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
Wild guess, but B6 may be a vendor designation. Seems similar to a BAT54C common Cathode Schottky Barrier diode. The CC3 may be a date code, but the "C" may imply the common cathode. Again, just guessing....
If you have a device on the same board that is the same, and not damaged, see if you can check the diode function(s) of a good chip

https://caxapa.ru/thumbs/588912/smd-codes.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks sagor1. It is an active device, not just a diode.

Checking on other boards, the device doesn't measure as a normal transistor ... I'll have to remove one to get a better idea.

As mentioned above, a pair of them are used to drive a small transformer, to provide 5 volts to feed a a 3.3 volt regulator. Just a small section of circuit to provide an isolated supply for the comms section.

The document in the link gives other examples of SOT-23 devices starting with B6. Maybe one of those?
Good luck.

Yeah, I checked out all the devices starting with B6 ... and there were 7 starting with B6C ... none with B6CC

I use CTRL -F and search each document to narrow it down. Went through heaps of smd manuals yesterday trying to find a match, but no luck.

I may need to draw out the circuit and make an educated guess as to the best substitute. :)

There are bars above those C's I wonder whats the significance ? Any idea what country/ies these boards were designed and manufactured might be an additional clue ?

Wow, I hadn't even noticed those bars ... whoops.

They are GEA/WestfaliaSurge dairy boards ... a German company as far as I know ... so I assume they're made in Germany or Europe somewhere.

Thanks, fortytwo

Haha, that's a long story. They told me 10 years ago they don't want me fixing their boards as they won't be able to sell new ones.

They're coming around now a bit ... but I feel like I'm being asked to fix this stuff with both arms tied behind my back. :)

I'm up for it though, I like a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back